GOLDComedy.com and its affiliates and sublicensees (“Producer”, “We”, or “Us”) offers an online comedy platform (the “Service”) through its website currently located at GOLDComedy.com, which exact URL may change from time to time (the “Site”). You are responsible for your use of the Site and Service, for any content (and personal information) you post to the Site or Service, and for any consequences thereof.
We may collect and store information about you when you open an account, upload content, participate on the Site, communicate with customer service, or send Us an email. Such information may include your name, address, phone number, and email address.
Our server logs automatically receive and record information from your browser, such as your IP address, your browser type and language, the page you request, and the date and time of your visit, which helps Us track users’ movements around our site and understand trends. Like most websites, We may assign your computer one or more cookies that may collect information to facilitate access to our website and to personalize your online experience. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Should We ever do so, We will comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
IP Addresses are automatically reported by your browser each time you view a web page. Your IP address is stored in our user registration database when you register with the “Site.”
IP Addresses may be used for various purposes, including:
- To diagnose or service technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
- To tailor advertising based on geographic area or other information derived from your IP address. Aggregate information derived from IP addresses may also be reported to advertisers.
- To estimate the total number of users visiting the Site from specific geographical regions in Google Analytics.
A cookie is a small amount of data which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, and it is sent to your browser from a web site’s computer and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. If you wish to restrict or block cookies you can set your internet browser to do so- click on the following link for further information: www.aboutcookies.org
The Site uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to:
- Access your information when you sign up or in.
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using our Services.
- Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
- Conduct research to improve the Site’s content and services through A/B Testing.
GOLD Comedy may use Google Analytics and Facebook Analytics for the purposes of web tracking.
Visitors can opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings. If you wish to hide all of your browsing behavior you can use Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
We may use Facebook and Twitter pixel tags. Pixel tags are used to track conversion from social media to our website. See more information on Facebook here and Twitter here.
Disclosure of information
Your options: You have the choice to: not provide personal information, although that may result in your inability to use the Site, Services, or obtain certain services, or use certain features of our Site or Services; delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings, although if you do so, some of the features or services of our Site or Services may not function properly; and/or review and update your personal information by contacting Us at the email address below or, if you have an online account on our Site or Services, by logging into that account.
Editing and deleting account information; security
You can change your Account Information at any time.
You can unsubscribe from our communications at any time. Note: this may also cause the removal of pictures, videos, writing, and other content submitted to the website.
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
Your account Information is password-protected.
Notification of changes
Privacy and ownership
Who owns your material?
By sending your content to GOLD Comedy, you’re sharing your words and ideas with our community–and the world. But who owns what YOU write and create? The answer is simple: YOU do!
Even though viewers have access to your responses on our website, your words belong to you. They are your intellectual property. This means that members of our community are free to post their ideas to other publications and social media sites.
GOLD Comedy may decide to use your content in our newsletters, on our website, and for promotional purposes.
Please refer to the LICENSE TO PRODUCER and LICENSE TO OTHER USERS sections in our Terms of Service for more information.
Censorship and safety
GOLD Comedy is a safe place where you can freely express your beliefs. As a part of our community, we are here to support you as you figure out what funny ideas feel true to you. Be assured that GOLD Comedy will never give out your name or contact information to a third party.
We also want this space to be safe for everyone. We do not tolerate unfair treatment of our contributors, including racism, sexism, homophobia and anything in between. If you feel threatened or hurt in our community, reach out to us ASAP so we can address the issue together.
We appreciate your input, so if you have any questions or concerns about privacy or safety, feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for being a part of this great community and keep sharing your funny your way!
We are COPPA compliant. See: http://www.coppa.org/comply.htm
You must have all necessary rights and permissions to upload Content.
- You must own or have the right to upload the Content.
- You must own or control the rights, licenses, consents, and permissions necessary for distribution and publication in the Content on the Site and Service or have an express agreement with the owner of the Content allowing you to upload the Content—for example, to our Site and Service. Having the right to upload Content is different from having created the Content. For example, you may own a photograph that you created but not have the necessary releases from the persons appearing in the photograph.
- If the Content contains third-party content (such as text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, audiovisual combinations, interactive features and other materials you may view on, access through, or contribute), you must have secured the third-party rights to use that content on our Site and Service.
- Directors, directors of photography, editors, musicians, graphic effects artists, and actors may upload Content to which they have contributed significantly if they have been given the right to do so by all of the owners of the Content.
- Your Content must not infringe third-party rights including, without limitation, copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property, rights of publicity or privacy. Your Content must not be defamatory.
Your Content must not be intended for advertising purposes.
- You may not upload commercials, infomercials, demos, walkthroughs, or any Content that sells or promotes a product or service, or multi-level marketing schemes
- You may not upload Content containing advertisements (e.g., pre-roll ads, post-roll ads, overlay ads, or links), sponsorships, or promotions without Producer’s prior written consent.
Your Content must comply with all of our other Content restrictions noted in the Agreement.
You may NOT upload Content that is (or may be reasonably construed to be):
- Obscene, indecent, sexually explicit, or pornographic;
- Hate speech, harassment, threats, or other personal attacks against anyone or any group of persons;
- Libel or defamation;
- In violation of any law or any third-party rights, including trademark, copyright, and privacy rights;
Exploitative of minors;
- Depictive of any unlawful acts or extreme violence;
- Depictive of animal cruelty or extreme violence towards animals;
- Commercial prompts or spam, off-topic posts, commercial solicitations, promotion or advertising, including any promotions of fraudulent schemes, multi-level marketing schemes, get-rich-quick schemes, online gaming or any other type of gambling, cash gifting, work-from-home businesses, or any other dubious money-making ventures;
- Indicating or implying that Producer supports a specific viewpoint. Information about ways Site or Service visitors might take action around a particular issue or topic must have appropriate context and labeling. All content must pass a perception test to ensure that visitors to the Site/Service do not perceive that the Website’s editorial integrity has been compromised by a particular agenda or by association with an outside party.
We have the right to remove Content at any time for any reason whatsoever.
Note on plagiarism
Plagiarize: to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one’s own; use (another’s production) without crediting the source; to commit literary theft: present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source (Merriam-Webster).
GOLD Comedy does not permit plagiarism (or joke- or idea-stealing) of any kind. If a user must draw upon the written work of another, he/she/they must make a note of this reference either at the beginning or end of the post (i.e. “This response was inspired by…”).
For a first offense of plagiarism, the user will be issued a warning and the plagiarized response/joke will be deleted from the website.
For a second offense of plagiarism, the user will be blocked from the website and will not be permitted to make any future posts to GOLDComedy.com.
Bottom line: If you’re thinking of plagiarizing, don’t. Remember, plagiarism is stealing (which is illegal, btw). You have your own brain: use it to create your own awesome material.
Effective Date: The effective date of this policy is 4/1/2019.